If you're interested in hearing from Filthy Rich, getting notified before our Q&A Live Streams, or just want to help us produce more awesome content, consider joining our Patreon!
We would also encourage you to join our Facebook group. It's a great place to ask questions, buy/sell cars & parts, and meet other gearheads!
We've been getting these questions a lot lately: What will a diesel swap cost, and can you do one? We've put together a playlist to help you in planning your project!
Why it's $10k:
- 6BT is ~$2000 + $1500 for basic rebuild (head, pistons, rings & bearings).
- 4BT is ~$3500 + $1500 for basic rebuild (head, pistons, rings & bearings).
- Adapter plate, flywheel and starter is ~$2000.
- Shift controller is ~$600.
- Alignment fluids, fittings, hoses, machining is ~$500.
- DG shop rate is $65/hr at an estimate of 70 hours.
- Don't forget shipping + taxes!
For more specific conversion part pricing & info, check out dieselconversion.com